What needs to be done first after suffering a personal injury?
As soon as possible after suffering a personal injury, you must notify a number of people and record important information for future reference.
- inform the police about the accident
- record full names and complete addresses of the involved parties and witnesses to the accident
- notify victim’s insurer of the accident and record names and contact information along with any other relevant details
- contact a personal injury lawyer for initial consultation
- inform the injured person’s family doctor
- record names and contact information of attending health care professionals
- keep track of receipts for all medical and related expenses to the accident
- keep track of time spent by family or friends caring for the injured person
- check for any other insurance coverage through work, school or private plans
After suffering a personal injury, a number of steps need to be taken almost immediately to ensure any right to compensation. This is why it is essential to consult with a qualified and experienced personal injury expert, working at a respected law firm.
You only have:
7 Days to notify the injured party’s insurer of the accident
30 Days after receipt of application from the insurer to submit the application for accident benefits
120 Days to notify the at-fault driver and owner of the intention to sue
2 Years to sue the other driver
The Morse|Shannon team can help facilitate the complex process of seeking compensation for personal injury.
CHOOSING A LAWYER
Who is the right Lawyer?
A serious personal injury is an overwhelming and devastating experience both physically and emotionally. Receiving the right legal advice and professional support can make all the difference.
Personal injury law is complex, and so it is essential for accident victims to obtain the help of a lawyer who is a personal injury specialist. An experienced personal injury lawyer will have the skills and expertise required to effectively determine whether a claim for compensation is possible, what the potential claim might be, and what steps need to be taken in order to process it.
Why the Morse|Shannon Team?
Personal injury litigation is a primary focus at Morse|Shannon, and their main objective is to ensure that clients receive the support and compensation that they are entitled to. The team is renowned by colleagues and clients as experienced, veteran, compassionate experts in the field. They will leave no stone unturned in their quest to achieve the best possible settlement.
Here are just a few reasons that Morse|Shannon stands out in the field of personal injury litigation:
- a dedicated personal injury practice with over 25 of experience and expertise
- lawyers personally handle every case, unlike other personal injury lawyers at other firms
- a free initial consultation
- an extensive network of case management workers, investigators and other experts with the financial backing of a large law firm
- an outstanding track record of successful settlements
- personal, caring advice
- a commitment to the community and the safety and welfare of clients
- 24 hours/7 days per week availability at the location of your choice